At least he didn't abuse a falafel
Media Matters for America has compiled a list of sexist sins committed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews. Here's a sampling:
· On the November 18 edition of the NBC-syndicated Chris Matthews Show, Matthews teased a discussion by asking, " 'She Devil?' Republicans are absolutely demonizing Hillary Clinton."
· In November 2006, shortly after the Democrats took the majority in Congress, Matthews asked a guest if then-presumptive speaker-elect Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was “going to castrate Steny Hoyer” if Hoyer (D-MD) were elected House majority leader.
· During coverage of a presidential debate last spring, NBC News chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell was compelled to remind Matthews that Sen. Barack Obama's (D-IL) wife, Michelle, is a Harvard-educated lawyer after he focused obsessively on her physical appearance.
· During coverage of the New Hampshire primary on January 8, he said that Clinton is the only viable woman presidential candidate “on the horizon.” He couldn’t think of a single female governor eligible to run: “Where are the big-state women governors?” he asked. “Where are they? Name one.”
· According to a Media Matters study, Matthews made 10 negative remarks about Clinton for every negative remark he made about Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, and nearly three times as many positive remarks about the former New York City mayor as about Clinton, despite his professed neutrality.
Creepy typical Matthews video -- with CNBC business reporter Erin Burnett -- from last summer below. (Digby had a great analysis of this live! sexual harassment.)