The American Taliban
"Members of the congregation who were inside the sanctuary at the time of the shooting were being kept inside the church by police," the Wichita Eagle reported, "and those arriving were being ushered into the parking lot."
Terrorism, plain and simple. The American Taliban.
In fact, tons of stuff too vile to link to.
As Kansas City columnist Mike Hendricks points out, Tiller's assassins were many.
They include every one who has ever called Tiller's late term abortion clinic a murder mill.
Who ever called Tiller "Tiller the Killer."
The groups who spent decades fomenting hate toward a man who simply believed that he was serving a purpose by being one of the few doctors in the country performing late-term abortions.
Hate. Not heated opposition. Not strong disagreement.
But blind hatred.
The kind of hate that would prompt some maniac to take a gun into a church and shoot a man to death in front of friends and family.
His accomplices know they have blood on their hands, which might explain why they were quick to issue statements today expressing disapproval of Tiller's murder.
Among them, the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue.
"Operation Rescue denounces the killing of abortionist Tiller," read the headline of a new release posted on that group's website.
Those words drip with hypocrisy.
On Operation Rescue's website, which seems to have crashed, there's a section called ''Tiller Watch.'' See this grab from Google:
Like these guys:
O'Reilly laid out the details in his Talking Points Memo, on November 3rd (2006)
This YouTube is from March this year:
The health of the mother, the one who has to seek a late-term abortion because her well-being is in danger, is never considered by the American Taliban.
UPPITY WOMAN DATE: Just sick.
"George Tiller was a mass-murderer. We grieve for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face God. I am more concerned that the Obama Administration will use Tiller's killing to intimidate pro-lifers into surrendering our most effective rhetoric and actions. Abortion is still murder. And we still must call abortion by its proper name; murder.
Those men and women who slaughter the unborn are murderers according to the Law of God. We must continue to expose them in our communities and peacefully protest them at their offices and homes, and yes, even their churches."
--Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue
SICKER DATE: Twitter has exploded over this story. Here's a round-up of what conservatives are tweeting.
- Punch "UPDATE... Doctor George Tiller was aborted today in his 204th trimester - aren't paybacks a bitch"
- Samantha Pelch "oh HAPPY DAY! Tiller the baby killer is DEAD!"
- readnwatchchris, Creedmor. NC "George Tiller the baby killer was shot dead this morning. God bless the gunmen who hopefully won't be caught."
- Brad S "was George Tiller the baby killers brain scrambled the way he scrambled full term fetuses.. one can only hope"
- James Fiddler "Infamous baby killer George Tiller gunned down at (irony) church. Why do I not feel sorry for him? Have fun at Judgment Day."
- Brad M. Negulescu Cleveland. "tiller the baby killer shot dead...wow. is it insensitive of me to say what goes around comes around?"
- Amy Strong "George Tiller the Baby Killer shot dead. May he rot in Hell."
- Shirl Ledeux "Tiller Baby Killer was shot and killed this morning Justice has been served."
- Dianne McDowell "Thinking about "Tiller the baby killer" He now knows the wages of sin is death."
- Dennis, A People Vip Company, "May Tiller rot in Hell , infanticide is the murder of babies, he WAS a provider of death like Hitler, Bundy the list goes on...."
- mikedanben Sparta, NJ (41.005501,-74.672) "Burn in hell George Tiller"
- Laurie D. Bailey Olive Branch, MS"No need to pray for George Tiller. We know he went straight to hell!!!!!"
- Jay Emess, Souther, NJ "Good ridence to Tiller - babies will not be murdered because he is now gone. Wonder how he likes hell!"
- Matthew Kamar "Karma is a beautiful thing. Cheers to the hero who sent George Tiller where he belongs... straight to hell."
- Sarah Gulick, Wtichita, Ks "omg!george tiller abortion dr. was killed n his church parkn lot! hell yea!"
Lots more where that came from.
MORE: Some excellent posts worth reading.
NOW do all the pearl-clutching conservative bloggers get why that fauxtroversial DHS report on far-right activity was so goddamn pertinent?! As GallingGalla just said on Twitter, “forced-birthers are TERRORISTS on US soil.” This latest killing of a health care provider, martyred for daring to provide women with a vital medical service (in the same week that, here in Canada, the Ontario Provincial Police decided to let another anti-choice assassin evade accountability), only reinforces that all-too-clear fact.
Shed a tear for their plight; Bill Donohue and Jill Stanek stewing in their venom, silenced because their noisy jubilation could attract unwanted FBI attention.
Consider their dilemma: for years they've directed murderous hatred towards health care practitioners who provide abortion and now they're not able to claim the glory.
So sad for the members of the Vulture Culture who want to embrace the man who shot Dr George Tiller dead in the lobby of his church.
Life is unfair, they cannot trumpet that this is a MASSIVE victory for their side, lest they be charged as co-conspirators in this public assassination.
Hoobooy. I bet these right-wing groups' tech types are busy this afternoon HTMLing their little hearts out.