What is wrong with Kris Versteeg?
Sorry for the late start today.
As I mentioned in the comments yesterday, I'm buried under an avalanche of non-Leafs work. The Star is trying to kill me – kill me! We need a column! Type, type, type. We need a feature! Type, type, type. We need another column! Type, type, type.
Hurry up, boy, type faster!
So today I need to apologize for a second time. And I also need to borrow a stamp from someone because this post is getting mailed in.
The big news today, apparently, is Kris Versteeg.
* As in, he is on a learning curve.
* As in, he is in a slump.
* As in, he is snake-bitten.
Versteeg has 1 assist and 1 goal in five games. And that goal came after he accidentally deflected Tomas Kaberle's point shot during a two-man advantage against Ottawa. So in a way, he has no goals.
Here are five sleep-deprived questions for you to answer, please and thank you:
1. Is something wrong with Versteeg?
2. Why isn't he shooting more?
3. Is he trying too hard to set-up Phil Kessel?
4. Would he be more productive on a different line?
5. Is he getting played in the right situations?
Type, type, type...
PHOTO: PAUL HUNTER/TORONTO STAR