Map of the Week: The Star's neighbourhood map, version 3.0
|TONY BOCK/TORONTO STAR|
We went out of our way to ask you what you had to say about the neighbourhood map Kenneth Kidd wrote about on Sunday, and you responded - on top of scores of e-mails Ken received, there were 36 comments on the article and at last count 95 on this blog.
Ken distilled these into 29 specific changes, which now appear on the map:
1. Added Wellington Place, bounded by King, Spadina, Front and Bathurst.
2. Added Wynford-Concorde, a high-rise community bounded by Eglinton, Don Mills Rd., the Don Valley and the railway tracks to the north.
4. Added Keelesdale, bounded by Rogers Rd., Keele, Black Creek and the little ravine just to the north of Gulliver Rd.
5. Changed name of South Riverdale to Riverside-South Riverdale.
6. Changed name of Rouge Hill to West Rouge and extended the western boundary to Port Union Rd.
7. Altered name of Port Union neighbourhood to read Centennial-Port Union.
8. Added The Pocket, bounded by the Greenwood Yards, the train tracks to the south, the Danforth to the north and Jones to the west.
9. Added Bridlewood, bounded by Sheppard, Finch, Pharmacy and Ward.
10. Added Wishing Well, bounded by Sheppard, the 401, Warden and VP.
11. Included the little area north of the tracks in The Junction.
12. Adjusted Rosedale boundary so that it’s Rosedale Valley Rd. in the south.
13. Adjusted Yorkville boundary so it extends no further north than Davenport. Area north of that is nameless.
14. Extended Milliken boundary further west so that it includes Milliken GO station and a few remaining buildings from the original village as well as the industrial area.
15. Altered name of Humber Heights to read Humber Heights-Westmount
16. Made the western border of Corktown Parliament.
17. East of Parliament, created Old Town, and extended it to Church.
18. Added Tritown, to cover the area bounded by Bloor to the north, Sherbourne to the east, Jarvis to the west and Carlton to the south.
19. Adjust Bayview Village so that the eastern boundary is the river, and the southern boundary is Sheppard.
20. Added Chestnut Hills, bounded by Islington, Dundas and Angelsey.
21. Added Brimwood, bounded by McNicoll, Brimley, Finch and McCowan.
22. Called area at northern end of Morningside Heights, across the hydro corridor, Brookside.
23. Added Treverton Park, area north of Eglinton between Kennedy and the railway tracks until the park.
24. Make the northeast boundary of Mount Dennis the railway tracks.
25. Fix polygon to Parkview Hills to include Doris, Alder and Northline, streets on the periphery.
26. Humber Bay Shores created from part of Humber Bay. This is the condo development on the Etobicoke side of the mouth of the Humber.
27. Stonegate created from parts of Humber Bay and Sunnylea
28. Humberwood created in the Hwy. 427 and Rexdale Blvd. area.
29. Junction Triangle created, near Bloor St. W. and Perth Ave.