The Star's neighbourhood map, version 4.0
|PETER POWER/TORONTO STAR|
There are many changes to the neighbourhood map, our last adjustment before the final version. Many come as a result of your dozens of comments and e-mails.
I've also reorganized the use of colour on the map, something that was overdue.
The Mississauga News is planning a version for their neighbourhoods, which may appear here in due course.
Here is the current set:
1. Added "Willowridge." It's the area west of Martingrove and east of the 427, and bound in the north by Westway.
2. Cut "The Westway" out of the top half of Richview, basically everything north of Westway. Rename southern part Richview Gardens.
3. Extended Agincourt to Markham Rd. at the south end, between Sheppard and the 401.
4. Added "Bloordale," the area north of Bloor to Burnamthorpe, and west of the 427 - basically the little part of Eatonville on the west side of the 427.
5. Added "Eringate," north of Eringate, west of the 427 to Renforth.
6. Changed the spelling of the Norsemen Heights to Norseman Heights.
7. Added "Fifeshire", essentially the western tip of York Mills, with Legacy Court as the western boundary. Cres., and south of Carluke.
8. Added "White Haven," which is north of the 401, west of Markham Rd., south of Sheppard and east of McCowan.
9. Extended Old Town south to Front Street, but exclude Market Square, which is more correctly part of St. Lawrence.
10. Added the blank area to the northeast of the Junction to the Junction.
11. Added Dean Park, south of Sheppard, north of 401, from Conlins Rd. in the west to the 401 in the S..E.
12.Added Sherwood Park as a subset of North Toronto. It's the triangle from Sherwood Ave. in the south, between Hong and the ravine and including the park.
13. Extended Roncesvalles east to MacDonell, including Sorauren Park in the north down to Seaforth as the southern boundary.
14. Added Thompson Orchard, south of Bloor and west of Royal York to Etobicoke Creek, with Thompson Ave. as the southern border.
15. Added "Upper Jarvis," between Bloor and Wellesley, Sherbourne and Jarvis.
16. Restore southern portion of Moringside Heights, removing it from Malvern.
17. Extended Summerhill south to Ramsden Park as the border with Yorkville.
18. Added Claireville, a triangular area bounded by Steeles, the 427 and the western city limits.
19. Expand Islington to include the area south of Dundas to the CPR line, from Islington to Royal York.
20. Expand Leslieville south to the Lakeshore, and Added part of what's now in Riverside, from Booth Ave. in the west.
21. Extended Yorkville south to Charles St.
22. Added Ryerson, bounded by Gerrard and Dunda, Yonge to Mutual St.
23. Adjusted boundary of Humber Valley so it goes all the way to Eglinton. Also, eastern boundary should be Scarlett Rd.
24. Cut Northwood Park and replace it with University Heights to cover the area south of Finch, from Keele to the ravine in the west.
25. Added Greenhills, bounded by Black Creek, Trethewey, Jane and the railway.
26. Extended Amesbury slightly further north, to Maple Leaf Drive.
27. Added Humber Bay Shores, an area south of the Lakeshore. (I'll give you the map for easier reference.)
28. Added Eringate, bounded by Renforth in the westm 427 on the east, Rathburn on the south and 401 to the north.
29. Added Tarragon Village, bounded by Davenport, Bathurst, Spadina and Bridgeman St. (which is just above Dupont)
30. Added West Bend, which is currently included in High Park. It's triangle shaped, bounded by Keele in the west and Bloor in the south, and by the railway in the north and east.
31. Shaded High Park itself the same colour as the neighbourhoods with that name to the east and north, so they're not cut off from each other by the addition of West Bend.
32. Added Winston Park, bounded by Wilson Ave., the 401, Dufferin and the railway tracks.
33. Harbord Village adjusted so that it doesn't extend west of Bathurst.
34. Added Huron Sussex, bounded by Spadina, Bloor, St. George and Harbord.
35. Made North Park east of Keele, south of the 401, north of Lawrence and west of the train tracks.
36. Restored Islington Ave. as the border between Rexdale and The Elms.
37. Added Glen Agar. It's the lower portion of Princess Margaret. The boundaries are Martingrove, Rathburn, Kipling and Princess Margaret Blvd.
38. Adjusted boundaries of Lytton Park, so that it extends from Avenue Rd. to Yonge, Lawrence to Roselawn.