Adventures with hummus
My best assignment so far this year? Sabra’s Stir It Up! project, for which I was asked to create a topping that could be stirred into classic hummus. You can find my recipe by going to Sabra Canada and clicking on the StirItUp! icon. That's where you'll also find details about the Stir it Up contest, in which you can create your own topping.
While developing the recipes, I played with a lot of hummus in my kitchen, using it in all sorts of recipes I found on Sabra's website. This one is healthy, hugely delicious and hardly any work. It’s perfect for a quick and easy snack to make when friends or family drop by.
• 1 loaf French bread
• 1 container Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
• 1 - 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Preheat broiler
• Slice bread in half length wise.
• Mix Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus and garlic together in a small mixing bowl. Spread hummus mixture on bread halves. Place bread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
• Broil bread on a wire baking rack located in the middle of the oven, not too close to the broiler. Broil 2-5 minutes or until edges are crispy and the cheese is browning. Watch the bread closely — broilers vary greatly in their timing.
• Cut each half of bread into quarters. Serve warm.
It’s also fun to switch up this recipe by combining another type of cheese with one of Sabra’s line of hummus dips with specialty toppings - Greek Olive Hummus, for example, dotted with goat cheese.
Watch this space over the next few weeks for other recipes.