Editor's Choice Picture of the Day - Blue the Miracle Puppy - September 29, 2011
An eight-week old puppy's backyard misadventure landed him in emergency surgery to remove a metal pole he had swallowed. It's still unknown how he managed to swallow the pole. The miracle pup named Blue was lucky to have quick thinking owners who rushed him to the Rehm Veterinary Clinic in Mobile Alabama where veterinarians removed the object during a 90 minute procedure.
Rehm Veterinary Clinic
Miracle pup; unbelievable xray shows the metal pole inside the puppy.
Blue is recovering well and is eating again - hopefully not garden poles!