Senate appointments: Count the ways
If the reports are true, Stephen Harper has decided to totally fly in the face of his promises to reform the Senate and appoint another wave of hacks and flacks to the Senate. Why? Ten possible reasons, circulating around the punditry and beyond today. I'll happily post any more suggestions.
2. Because Liberals did.
3. Because the Senate needs a former emergency-room nurse.
4. He's scared he might lose the next election.
5. Because the Senate needs yet another guy who's "passionately" interested in golf, hockey and church.
6. Because they might do a good job. (Ed. note: too preposterous; find another reason.)
7. He has forgotten all the things he said about Senate reform.
8. Because it will annoy Preston Manning and all the Reformers who got on his nerves in the 1990s.
9. Because that Mike Duffy thing is working out really well.
10. Because Stephen Harper is afraid of the Finleys.