Uncle Sam wants you
Guess they *really* need some help in Afghanistan. While Secretary of State Clinton is here in Canada, asking us to stay a little longer in Afghanistan, this email also arrived this morning in my inbox. Unfortunately, Canadians need not apply.
The U.S. Department of State is seeking to hire highly skilled and motivated United States citizens to serve our nation in Afghanistan. We are pleased to inform you that we are currently accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please click on the links to view the vacancies and to start the online application process on USAJobs.
- PRT Sr. Rule of Law Advisor (deadline 4/15/2010)
- PRT Rule of Law Advisor (deadline 4/15/2010)
- PRT Public Diplomacy Officer (deadline 4/23/2010)
- PRT Senior Governance Specialist (Afghanistan) (deadline 4/23/2010)
- PRT Governance Specialist (Afghanistan) (deadline 4/23/2010)
- Provincial Reconstruction Team Advisor (ASO)(deadline 5/3/2010)
- Provincial Reconstruction Team Senior Advisor (ASO) (deadline 5/3/2010)
Applicants must be U.S. citizens able to obtain the required security, medical, and ethics clearances. Please go to http://careers.state.gov/ap-jobs/ to learn more about qualifications, compensation and benefits, as well as what to expect in Afghanistan.
We appreciate your interest in a career with the U.S. Department of State.