Twitter score at the Liberal convention
Twitter, of course, is a big part of this Liberal convention, when all the talk is of bringing the party (kicking and screaming, perhaps) into the 21st century. And an outfit called MediaMiser, helpfully, is keeping score of Twitter progress at this weekend's big gathering at the Ottawa convention centre, especially when it comes to the presidential race between candidates Sheila Copps and Mike Crawley.
As of 12:36 p.m. today, here are the raw stats they've sent along:
- The most influential tweeters of the hashtag #LPC12 so far today (of tweeters with three or more tweets) are @adamgoldenberg, @gmacofglebe, @davidakin and @susandelacourt.
- In terms of volume of tweets, Mike Crawley appears to be winning the Twitter battle - at least so far. When it comes to the #lpc12 hashtag (in # of tweets):
- @Sheila_copps 3
- @Youth4sheila 0
- @_mike_crawley 10
- @Aboldnewred 78
- (The Copps team's numbers climb under the #ott12 hashtag, with 25 total tweets being issued under that tag).
- * As well, the hashtags #boldnewred and #teamcrawley have been mentioned under #lpc12 99 and 71 times, respectively. By contrast the hashtag #youth4sheila has been mentioned only twice in relation to #lpc12.
- * Overall mentions of "Copps" and "Crawley" under #LPC12 are: Copps 85 mentions, Crawley 50 mentions.
- * Under #ott12 the overall mentions of Copps and Crawley are 68 and 79, respectively.
- Overall, we've collected nearly 1700 tweets with the hashtag #LPC12 and nearly 2000 with the hashtag #ott12 (some tweets have both hashtags and therefore appear in both numbers).