Harry to be best man
The Royal Family said today that Prince Harry will be best man at his brother's wedding. This is not a big surprise; the two brothers are close in age and have reportedly always been close. Presumably Harry will also be responsible for organizing William's stag. We can only hope he won't make it a costume party.
Maid of Honour
As for Kate Middleton, she has picked her sister Philippa as maid of honour. According to ABC News, Philippa Middleton (Pippa), 27, is a party planner.
In the summer of 2010, Pippa put her English degree from Edinburgh University to use when she launched The Party Times, an online party magazine. The site is a must-see destination with everything one needs to know about planning parties, and includes theme ideas, tips and games.
Pippa is following in the footsteps of her family. Her parents own Party Pieces, a party planning business that sells all kinds of festive supplies.
There was some early speculation about whether the family business would be able to profit from the upcoming nuptials. But according to the Telegraph, the Queen would block that possibility.
"The Royal family is very keen to ensure that the wedding is not seen as a business opportunity for the Middletons and their associates."
The wedding party
From left: Sophie, Countess of Wessex and her son James Windsor, Viscount Severn, Peter Phillips, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, Autumn Phillips, Lady Louise Windsor and Princess Eugenie in August, 2010.
Details about the rest of the wedding party were also revealed. The rest of the bridesmaids are:
- Lady Louise Windsor. The 7-year-old is the daughter of Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.
- The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones. The 8-year-old is the daughter of Viscount and Viscountess Linley and Prince William's second cousin.
- Eliza Lopes. The 3-year-old is granddaughter of Prince Charles' wife Camilla.
- Grace van Cutsem. The 3-year-old is Godchild of Prince William.
On the groom's side, the Page Boys are:
- William (Billy) Lowther-Pinkerton. The 10-year-old is son of Prince William and Prince Harry's private secretary since, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton.
- Tom Pettifer. The 8-year-old is another one of William's Godchildren and the son of William's former nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke.