The royal wedding day: Minute by minute
The Goring Hotel, a few blocks from Buckingham Palace, is where Kate Middleton will spend the night before the wedding. Rooms at the posh hotel go for $315-$2,600 (Canadian) a night. (Ben Stansall/AFP/Getty Images)
More details have emerged about the royal wedding day, right down to the minute.
To start with, it's revealed that Kate Middleton will be spending her final night of single-dom at the Goring Hotel, nearby Buckingham Palace. (Don't bother looking ... it's fully booked for April 28). It's reported that the bride-to-be, her sister Pippa and mom Carole will be staying in a five-room suite, complete with a four-poster bed and a grand piano,
From the moment Kate awakens (if she even gets any sleep), everything is on the clock. Here's how the day will break down. (These are London times. For Eastern times, subtract five hours):
- Between 8.15 am and 9.45 am (3:15-4:45 Eastern): The general congregation will arrive at the Great North Door of Westminster Abbey.
- From 9.50am: Governors-General and Prime Ministers of realm countries,the diplomatic corps, and other distinguished guests arrive at the Abbey.
- 10.10am: Prince William and Prince Henry of Wales leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.15 am.
- 10.20 am: Members of Foreign Royal Families arrive at Westminster Abbey from Buckingham Palace.
- 10.20 am: Carole Middleton, Kate's mom, and brother James Middleton leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.27 am.
- 10.25 am: Members of the Royal Family (except those listed below) leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.30am.
- 10.35 am: The following Members of the Royal Family leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.40am:
- The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence
- The Duke of York
- Princess Eugenie of York
- Princess Beatrice of York
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex
- 10.38 am: The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.42 am.
- 10.40 am: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.45 am.
- 10.48 am: The bridesmaids and Pages leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10.55 am.
- 10.51am The Bride, accompanied by Mr. Michael Middleton, leaves the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey.
- 11.00 am The marriage service begins. The service will be relayed by audio speakers along the route.
- 12.15 pm: The carriage procession of the bride and bridegroom with a Captain’s Escort of the Household Cavalry, followed by The Queen’s procession with a Sovereign’s Escort of the Household Cavalry, leaves Westminster Abbey for Buckingham Palace.
- 12.30 pm: The bride’s carriage procession arrives at Buckingham Palace.
- 12.40 pm: Members of the royal family and Members of foreign royal families arrive at Buckingham Palace.
- From 12.40 pm: Other guests for the Reception arrive at Buckingham Palace.
- 1.25 pm: The Queen and the bride and bridegroom, together with their families, appear on the balcony.
- 1.30 pm: Flypast by the Royal Air Force and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.