Kate tops Britain's best-dressed list
Some say Kate Middleton leads the women's fashion curve. Some say she just follows it and has yet to establish her own style mark.
The argument has swung most decisively in to the former category with her anointment as Britian's best dressed woman by the influential Harper's Bazaar.
“Catherine’s incredible style evolution has gripped us all,” said Bazaar editor Lucy Yeomans. “She gave us the year’s -- if not the century’s -– most thrilling fashion moment at the royal wedding, and is shaping up as an amazing ambassador for British designers and the high street.”
From the royal wedding, through her Canadian and California tour and public appearances since, the 'Kate Effect' is undeniable. Not that the designer's needed her help, but the fashion brands she favours have grown only stronger: Jenny Packham (pictured below), Alexander McQueen, Erdem, Amanda Wakely, Issa, etc.
"All of our judges were agreed on choosing her -– something that very, very rarely happens," said Harper's features director Clare Coulson.
1. Duchess of Cambridge
2. Florence Welch, singer 3. Andrea Risborough, actress
4. Kate Moss, model
5. Tilda Swinton, actress 6. Keira Knightley, actress
7. Stella McCartney, designer 8. Phoebe Philo, designer
9. Alexa Chung, TV host 10. Livia Firth, eco-businesswoman
The rest of the magazine's top 20:
11. Natalie Massenet, actress
12. Natalie Vodianova, model
13. Samantha Cameron, wife of PM David Cameron
14. Emma Watson, actress
15. Yasmin Le Bon, model
16. Thandie Newton, actress
17. Charlotte Dellal, designer
18. Kristin Scott Thomas, actress
19. Josephine de La Baume, actress
20. Cara Delevingne, model