Nothing to see here folks: CFL playoffs score again
At risk of sounding like a broken record (I know, way too late) it was another big ratings weekend for the Canadian Football League.
Sunday's divisional semifinals both hit more than 1 million viewers, finishing just behind perennial leader Hockey Night In Canada. The East game even managed to hit a peak of 2.1 million viewers during the thrilling final 30 minutes.
That bodes well for a good Grey Cup audience, unless the CFL's worst nightmare comes true and the B.C. Lions represent the East. Nothing against the Lions, but an all-west Grey Cup won't set too many hearts beating east of Regina.
Here are the top-rated sports events in English Canada, according to BBM overnight calculations:
1. NHL: Flames at Maple Leafs, Saturday, CBC: 1,808,000
2. CFL: West semifinal, Eskimos at Stampeders, Sunday, TSN: 1,550,000
3. CFL: East semifinal, Lions at Tiger-Cats, Sunday, TSN: 1,360,000
4. NHL: Canucks at Avalanche, Saturday, CBC: 876,000
5. NHL: Hockey Night In Canada pre-game, Saturday, CBC: 632,000
6. NFL: Patriots at Colts, Sunday, TSN: 621,000*
7. NFL: Early games, Sunday, CTV: 593,000
8. NHL: Rangers at Senators, Saturday, CBC: 579,000
9. NFL: Late games, Sunday, Citytv: 485,000
10. Curling: Road to the Roar (afternoon), Saturday, TSN: 455,000
11. Figure skating: Skate America pairs, Saturday, CBC: 399,000
12. Curling: Road to the Road (evening), Saturday, TSN: 378,000
13. Figure skating: Skate America free programs, Sunday, CBC: 293,000
14. NFL: Late games, Sunday, Sportsnet: 208,000
15. Figure skating: Skate America men's short, Saturday, CBC: 204,000
16. NBA: Raptors at Suns, Sunday, TSN2: 191,000
17. CIS: Yates Cup, Saturday, Score: 130,000
* Viewers for NBC not calculated