A swanky 007 deal at the Trump Toronto; hey, who doesn't want a Bentley?
Full marks to the folks at Trump Toronto for their new "Shaken, Not Stirred: Bond on Bay" package.
The hotel, formally called Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto doncha know, is taking advantage of the new James Bond Skyfall movie and the Designing 007 show in Toronto by offering what it called the "ultimate Bond-lover's package that is lavish enough for 007 himself."
Here's the, um, deal: For $17,007 you get the following:
- A two-night stay in a "sumptuous" Trump Executive 30th floor suite; advertised as "the highest views in the city," plus personal Trump Attache service.
- Access to a Continental Bentley GT for the duration of your stay (hey, access for early check-in!)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for two of you with Champagne at STOCK Restaurant/Bar for your entire stay.
- Admission for two to the exhibition "Designing 007: Fifty Years of Bond Style" and two movie passes to a Bond film at the TIFF Bell Lightbox, plus return limo service.
- You get to keep a designer cocktail dress and Hugo Boss tuxedo, complete with a private fitting courtesy of The Bay.
- Spa experience at Quartz Crystal Spa, including a couples massage, hair and makeup for her and manicure for him.
- Martini "shaken not stirred" lessons at Suits Lobby Lounge.
Oh, there's also "bespoke chocolate," which sounds silly to me, and a complimentary fruit and cigar box.
How do you like them apples? All for $17,0007.
Reservations? Call 855-88-TRUMP or visit ww.TrumpTorontoHotel.com.
ON A MORE MODEST NOTE
Since most of us don't have $17,007 (or even $17,0006) lying around waiting to be spent on a weekend retreat, here's a little more affordable deal. Starwood Preferred Guests members can book hotels today and tomorrow and get 25 per cent savings on previously discounted rates for arrivals Thursday to Saturday between Nov. 8 and Jan. 31 ,2013. If you want to book during the period Nov. 8 to 10, you'll save 15 per cent. If you wait to book on Nov. 11, you'll get 10 per cent off.
Not a Starwood Preferred Guest? It's free to sign up at spg.com, so there's no reason not to do it.
The offer is valid at a very solid 56 properties under the Starwood banner, including Westin, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft and more. Rates are from a very low $79 in Montreal to $99 in Toronto and $104 in Vancouver.
Rooms are limited and may not be available at these rates and there are some blackout dates. But it's still a good deal, especially if you act now.
Participating hotels include the lovely Westin Bayshore in Vancouver, right on the water near Stanley Park (see photo above), The Westin Resort and Spa in Whistler (also lovely), The Westin Calgary, The Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto, Le Centre Sheraton Montreal, W Montreal, The Westin Nova Scotian in Halifax and the Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland.
SPA HONOURS FOR STE. ANNE'S
Ste. Anne's Spa announced on Monday that SpaFinder® Wellness, the global spa and wellness resource, has once again named Ste. Anne's Spa (see summer time photo below right) as the winner of the prestigious 2012 Country Award for Canada. This recognition is given annually to the number-one most-voted spa in Canada by spa-goers across the world in SpaFinder Wellness' Readers' Choice Awards.
If you've never been I highly recommend it. Ste. Anne's is a short drive from Toronto, near Grafton Ontario. Great food, beautiful grounds (400 acres in all) and a fabulous spa with 35 different treatments make for a wonderful retreat.
NIAGARA WINTER FEST STARTS
Yeah, it's a little chilly out there. But there's some good news, too.
The CAA Winter Festival of Lights in Niagara Falls began on Saturday and there are more than 125 animated lighting displays and 3 million tree and ground lights which can be seen within the Niagara Parks Winter Wonderland, including the world-famous Enchantment of Disney displays and the world's largest illuminated Canadian-American flag. It runs til Jan. 31 so there's lots of time to visit.