Best hotel deals for Canada this summer ... Canada loves Cali ... Deal of the day
A lot of Canadians spend their summer vacations in Canada. And why not? There's so much to see and do all across this great country.
But we're not always the cheapest place to take a holiday. A new study from CheapHotels.org rates the most expensive destinations in Canada for the summer, based on places with at least 10 hotels with a rating of two-stars or higher.
The study says the priciest place in the country for a stay between July 1 and Aug. 31 is Jasper (see photo), weighing in at $189. Second is Tofino B.C. at $177, followed by Niagara-on-the-Lake at $174. Next, in order, were Wasaga Beach, Ont. ($167), St. John's Newfoundland ($166), Fort McMurray ($145), Parksville B.C. ($137), Regina ($134), Kelownia ($131) and Banff ($130).
A Leger poll commissioned by CIBC found that 73 per cent of Canadians plan to spend their summer holidays in Canada this year, which is good news for our tourism industry,
CANADIANS LOVE CALIFORNIA
Did you know there are 399 weekly nonstop flights from Canada to California? That represents 47,474 weekly seats on airplanes, according to the folks at Visit California.
All told, 1.543,100 Canadian visitors made the trek to the Golden State in 2012, up 6.8 per cent from 2011. They stayed for an average of 9.9 days and spent $1,380 per trip.
Canadian visits are expected to rise 4.6 per cent this year, officials said.
With so much to see and do - beaches, great cities, mountains, theme parks, wineries, hiking, boating and lots more - it's no surprise to see the numbers as strong as they are for visits to California.
JAUNT.CA DEAL OF THE DAY
Jaunt.ca, a division of Torstar, has a deal on tap for a great, seven-night stay at the Occidental Grand Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, priced at $938, including $389 in taxes.
- EXCLUSIVE TO JAUNT: Two travellers save up to $280 by booking with Jaunt.ca!
- All-inclusive 7-night stay at the 4-Star Occidental Grand Punta Cana, located in the Dominican Republic
- FREE CONNECTOR FLIGHTS: The cost of your connector flight from Kingston (ON), Ottawa or Montreal to Toronto is FREE (subject to departure gateway tax and availability)
- The resort is located on beautiful Bavaro Beach
- Occidental Grand hotels and resorts are top notch properties that will keep you relaxed and entertained for the length of your vacation
- Valid for travel on July 27 & 28, 2013
- Includes return air from Toronto to Punta Cana, with hotel/airport transfers
- Accommodations in a Junior Suite, featuring 1 king-size or 2 3/4 beds and a balcony. Maximum occupancy: 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, and unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Pricing (Rates are per person, plus tax):
July 28, 2013:
Child (2-12yrs): $399
July 27, 2013:
Child (2-12yrs): $399
We also offer other DATES and GATEWAYS.
Call us at 1-855-687-5925.
- Why choose Air Canada Vacations?
Earn & Redeem Aeroplan® Miles, in-flight seat-back entertainment on most flights, airline service and reliability of Air Canada, and more!
- Valid passport required for travel from Canada
- This offer is 100% non-refundable at time of booking