The Duchess of Cambridge, aka Kate Middleton and wife of Prince William, took part in a royal tradition today by christening the newest ship from Princess Cruises.
William didn't make the trip to Southampton, England for the christening, leaving his wildly popular wife to take care of things, the Daily Mirror (UK) reported, calling her a "real smasher."
The duchess is due to have her baby next month but isn't letting that stop her from wearing fashionable outfits. She was sporting black high heels for the Princess Cruise event and also showed off a spiffy black fascinator.
“I name this ship Royal Princess, may God bless her and all who sail in her,” Middleton said before cutting the rope, according to ABC News.
Very cool lady. And not a bad bit of publicity for Princess Cruises, don't you think?
SPEAKING OF CRUISES...
On a related note, I see that the fire-damaged Carnival Triumph is back in action.Four months after an engine fire left it to drive for days in the Gulf of Mexico, the nearly 900-foot Carnival Triumph is scheduled to sail today from Galveston, Texas on a four-night cruise to Mexico and the western Caribbean, Associated Press reports.
The ship became disabled during a February cruise of the Caribbean. Passengers had to endure cold food, unsanitary conditions and power outages while the vessel was towed to Mobile, Alabama.
A company statement says the ship underwent $115 million in repairs and upgrades in Alabama and at dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas, before returning to Galveston on Tuesday.
Not sure if Carnival put on a fire sale (I'm so sorry about that), but the cruise was sold out.
CALGARY STAMPEDE APPROACHING
There are only 3 weeks left before this festival kicks off and right now Expedia.ca is offering a savings of up to 50 per cent on select Calgary hotels – just in time for the most famous stampede in the country. If not the world.
JAUNT.CA DEAL OF THE DAY
Jaunt.ca, a division of Torstar, has a deal today for a divine 7-night cruise in the western Caribbean, priced at $1,253, including $568 in taxes.
- EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS: Save up to $650 per couple, compared to the cost of booking your air, transfers and cruise separately!
- 7-night Western Caribbean Cruise sailing aboard the MSC Divina
- Departs from and returns to Miami, Florida. Ports of Call include: Falmouth, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas
- The Divina is a luxurious cruising experience, complete with marble staircase and Broadway-style theatre
- Enjoy a fully packaged cruising experience, including flight and transfers
- Valid for travel on November 30, 2013
- Includes return airfare from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale and round-trip airport/pier transfers
- Accommodations available in an Inside Stateroom (Category 1/2/3), Oceanview (Category 4/5) or a Balcony (Category 7/8/9) stateroom
- Pricing (Rates are per person, plus tax):
Inside Category (1/2/3):
$685 + 567.86 tax
Oceanview (Category 4/5):
$825 + 567.86 tax
Balcony (Category 7/8/9):
$895 + 567.86 tax
- Valid passport required for travel from Canada
- This offer is 100% non-refundable at time of booking