Here we go again; another bounce for British tourism.
Folks get pretty excited about the royal family. I'm not necessarily gung ho, but I did get a kick out of Prince WIlliam and Kate Middleton's fabulous wedding and recall even tearing up a bit during the ceremony.
Having a baby and potential future heir to the throne is kinda cool, but doesn't have quite the same impact on me, partly because the Duchess isn't televising the birth on television. Not that the networks wouldn't have signed up if given the chance. Not to mention the tabloids.
I don't think it'll be quite as crazy as when they held their wedding, but no doubt having a bouncing baby will give British tourism a bit of a kick. If nothing else, the worldwide publicity will be quite something, with magazine covers all over the globe.
There's certainly a lot to see, what with new towers and restaurants popping up in London (as we mentioned in Star Travel the other day), plus great summer events such as the annual tattoo in Edinburgh, Scotland and many more activities.
WEST JET ADDS FLIGHTS
WestJet Encore and WestJet are expanding.
WestJet Encore is adding new non-stop routes to the network with flights between Winnipeg and Saskatoon, Winnipeg and Regina and between Vancouver and Kamloops, B.C. They also are increasing frequency on routes between Calgary and Kamloops and routes between Edmonton and Saskatoon, Edmonton and Regina and Edmonton and Grande Prairie, Alta. The WestJet Encore operated route between Vancouver and Victoria will also increase in frequency for the winter schedule.
Beginning October 27, 2013, WestJet will change from seasonal to daily year-round service between Toronto and Fort McMurray, Alta. and three-time weekly service between Toronto and Deer Lake, Newfoundland, which is in a pretty part of the province with great skiing and terrific golf.
Popular U.S. destinations will also see an increase in service with one new non-stop route between Calgary and Miami and more frequency between Calgary and Phoenix, Calgary and San Diego, Calgary and Orlando, Fla. as well as Kelowna to Phoenix.
JAUNT.CA DEAL OF THE DAY: QUANTUM OF THE SEAS CRUISE
Jaunt.ca, a division of Torstar, has a deal today for a great cruise, priced at $1,531, including $122 in taxes. The ship is brand new and includes everything from bumper cars to a skydiving experience!
- Be one of the first people to experience the Quantum class of ships featuring a skydiving experience, the largest indoor sports & entertainment complex at sea with bumper cars and roller skating, the most advanced staterooms ever including a virtual balcony and more!
- 7-night Bahamas Cruise sailing on the RCI Quantum of the Seas
- The Quantum of the Seas is a brand new cruise ship outfitted with amazing onboard activites that include skydiving, bumper cars and more
- You'll have the luxury of relaxing on a private island plus visiting family friendly ports
- Valid for travel on December 27, 2014
- Departs from and returns to Cape Liberty, New Jersey. Ports of Call include: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; and CocoCay, Bahamas
- Accommodations in a Inside with virtual balcony (Category M), Oceanview (Category I), Balcony Oceanview (Category D3)
- All meals on board are included
- Pricing (Rates are per person, plus tax):
Inside with virtual balcony (Category M):
1st/2nd Passengers: $1429
Oceanview (Category I):
1st/2nd Passengers: $1409
Balcony Oceanview (Category D3):
1st/2nd Passengers: $1739
We also offer Other DATES and FLIGHTS and QUAD stateroom options.
Call us at 1-855-687-5925.
- Want to know more about the Quantum Experience? Check out our microsite HERE
- Valid passport required for travel from Canada
- To book dining times please fill out the 'Requests' form specifying preference for first or second seating at time of booking
- This offer is refundable until 5PM EST on September 9, 2013. After that time, this offer is 100% non-refundable.