Poll results: Renovations
With the holidays approaching, I've been daydreaming about the renovations I would do if time and budget weren't an issue. A sleek, glossy white new kitchen and a second bathroom top my list. And, of course, in this fabulous daydream world, I would go on vacation and come home to a totally transformed space!
And, in last weeks poll, Yourhomers largely agreed with me, with 71 per cent saying they wouldn't choose to live in their home during a massive renovation. The remaining 29 per cent say they'd stick it out.
Of course, these days, when you think about renovating, you can't help but turn your thoughts to the home renovation tax credit (learn the basics here, and check out a recent story on the looming deadline!)So, this week, as we near the February spending cut-off, the poll asks whether you'll be taking advantage of the program. Check out these suggestions on some ways to spend your tax credit limit. And please let me know in the front page poll! (Scroll down, on the left hand side.)
As always, here are a few more picks for your weekend reading:- Colin and Justin create a tropical bedroom